I just thought you should be aware of what is up on our site right now. We have 6 different sports represented in our 7 most recent postings. This is what you have created and I believe that each athlete can look back at their digital shoebox with pride. Thanks again for getting us involved in this and giving a forum for the under-covered athlete.
“VNN is super easy, it takes me about 5 minutes per day.”
Pat Marsman, WOpanthers.com
“FHCRangers.com has quickly become an integral part of FHC culture.”
Bill Kennedy, FHCrangers.com
POSITIVES 1. Ease of use of the website. Easy to post/update/edit material. No technical problems have occured.
2. Ability as a teacher/coach by integrating a 16 day rotation with students as they produce feature articles/graphics and cover athletic events.
3. Technical Support–have had some questions over the last couple of months and they have been answered completely and quickly.
4. User feedback. Site as been well received by students/staff/community.
5. Student learning. Students getting great experience in writing, organization, responsibility, graphic design, web design. Also, students more involved and aware of sports in the building.
6. No negatives have surfaced so far.
Apart from some small sport-specific sites that came and went over the years, we didn’t do any real sports information. We didn’t think we had the resources to do it, but working with VNN brought all the pieces together. The VNN software was really simple to learn. Once the first couple volunteers got on board, word spread and the recruiting process became much easier. We have parents writing stories about a number of our sports now, all coordinated on the same platform.